Postal (ZIP) Code: 15697Salary ($):
$55,000 - $70,000
We are looking for truck drivers for a regional route from Youngwood, Pennsylvania. Our regional truck drivers are the face of the company. The ideal driver will thrive in a positive work environment that they will not only enjoy but contribute to as well. We share the successes and overcome challenges together.
- $1,346 guaranteed weekly pay (based on 1900 miles a week and 5 stops per week) – Any activity of miles and stops that totals above $1346/week will be paid out above minimum. This will be calculated based on the below numbers. Trip sheet required by COB Friday to receive minimum for that week.
- Drivers will be paid $100 on top of the minimum guarantee when a driver does a NYC load. Currently not that many – 1-2 every few weeks.
- .58 cpm (avg 1900 miles/week)
- $50 per stop (avg 5 stops/week)
- $50 per tarping on top of minimum
- $25 per preload towards the minimum
- Weekly Average: $1,346
- Yearly Average: $70,000
- Drivers are paid $200 per day during training (average training 1 week)
- Schedules will vary between the days of Sunday-Friday
- Driver will be working Mon – Friday most weeks. Occasionally will need to work a 6th day due to freight volumes or longer run.
- Deliveries are at 0800 most of the time and require driving to a location the day before to shutdown nearby. If a driver prefers to drive at night, he can also do that. Drivers usually leave out 0300-0800 daily depending on delivery location and appt. A normal week will be 1 load a day for a total of 5 per week.
- Some Saturday work required as needed by customer–if a driver works Saturday, they will dispatch around 1300 on Monday on their next load.
- Deliver building materials on a flatbed trailer to building sites and customer warehouses.
- All loads are loaded inside the shipping facility and the driver will strap and secure load outside of the building.
- Some loads have two pick up locations with second pick up being hazmat.
- All deliveries live unload by receivers. The driver is responsible for unstrapping the load at receiver. Customer average 1-2 hours (although there is some waiting time, drivers get a lot of miles as indicated above and the guaranteed pay is to ensure that the driver is paid fairly)
- Some loads will require preloading by the driver for other drivers, and potential drop and hook of Firestone loads as needed to facilitate pick up outside live load hours.
- Some backhaul loads will be drop and hook upon reasonable request from the shipper.
- Driver to strap and secure load at origin – may have to tarp backhauls depending on customer.
- Driver may have to haul other freight besides Firestone
- Driver to unstrap load at destination. Will not have to unload.
- Can take the truck home
- Account provides a $75 annual allowance for steel toed boots
- Account management is onsite.
- Riders are not permitted
- Driver will be trained on flatbed
- Driver will have to get Hazmat within 90 days. Account will reimburse
- 3 months experience required
- Must live within 100 miles of 15697 Youngwood, PA
With this Regional dedicated driving job, drivers will operate mainly in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, New York, Michigan, New Jersey, Delaware, and Washington DC.
We know that our employees are one of our most valuable resources. We are appreciative of the efforts you put forth each day when you come to work. In turn, we are proud and committed to offer you comprehensive medical, dental, vision, ad more for you and your family.
Please let us know if you are interested in this job. We are looking forward to making you a team member and bringing you on board.